Does a blend of 10% alcohol cause problems? 2002 Ranger V6 4.0L

I wouldn't consider mine a "shit car." It has been well-maintained since I bought it new, probably a lot better than the average owner maintains their vehicles. But I've never seen a loss of only 1-2% on any blend that I've run, and since all the stations in this area (but the one) went to ethanol blends, almost everyone I know who tracks there mileage has complained of losses. The biggest losses seem to occur in vehicles more than 2 or 3 years old. Maybe the computer tuning in the newer cars allows for better compensation of running crap through their engines, I don't know. But no one has complained of only losing 1-2%. What, your 18mpg is now only 17.6? Who would notice?

And I could give a shit less about whether or not the subsidy issue is still around. All I want to see is the same mileage for the same cost at the pump. I thought part of the argument for ethanol blends was that it would lower the price at the pump. Yeah, right! I seem to remember reading in history class about a chicken in every pot. . . ?

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

"SC Tom" wrote in news:7G0xm.28594$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe24.iad:

here the 10% ethanol blend is at least a dime cheaper. KB

Reply to
Kevin

///snipped for brevity///

That dime cheaper - is that for 10 gallons or 100 gallons?

DaveD

Reply to
Dave D

Here it doesn't matter as one cannot get gasoline without it. The station that says it does not have it is probably lying. Ethanol replaced MBTE as the oxygenator of choice for good reasons.

Try this link or do your own research.

nothermark

"Dave D" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.acsalaska.net:

@newsfe24.iad: