Door glass replacement -- '99 F-250

The vehicle: a 1999 F-250 XLT

I'm looking to find out how to replace the door windows in the truck. A very dark tint was applied years ago and it looks like the film will be a difficult removal. I think replacement may be the best option.

I would like to do this myself. Where can I find directions on how to replace these power windows? Pointers to good quality glass vendors appreciated as well.

Reply to
murph101

wrote: 1999 F-250 XLT

I want to remove a dark tinted film that was applied to the door windows years ago. Removal looks difficult so I may replace the windows instead.

Where can I find directions on replacing windows? Pointers to quality glass vendors appreciated as well. ____________________________________________

It's not that difficult to remove film. Call a local window tinting firm. They will remove the tint at a very low cost or give you free instructions on removing it yourself.

The general method is to soften the film glue with heat from a hair dryer while pulling the film off very slowly. Some people use a solvent soak beforehand. Soap or solvent cleanup of remaining glue is needed afterward.

For numerous tint removal methods visit: TintDude.com

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan