drop side or regular body ?

Can anyone tell me the difference between a '94 Ranger drop-side body and regular body ? (This is a super cab model). Someone asked me which it is and I don't know which.... Thanks, Pete

Reply to
Pete

The regular body (I've also heard it called "styleside") has the outside edge of the bed inline with the cab. The wheel well sticks into the inside of the bed.

The alternative, which I've heard called "flare side" or "stepside", is for the inside edge of the side of the bed to be lined up with the inside of the wheel well. This means the bed is narrower than the cab, and the outside of the side of the bed flares outward around the wheels.

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson