E-250 Models

Was looking around for a van and since I have a F-250 truck would like to stick to that size, used. Most of the E-250s I see are work vans, which would be ok, but was looking for a conversion van but can't find many. Were

250 conversion vans sold by dealers? I need to look at Dodge also. Thanks for any info or leads, Dave
Reply to
Dave

Dave a simple search of

for "ford conversion van price" returned over 330,000 results. Here are a few links.

Good Luck

Reply to
351CJ

Steer clear of the Dodge Van. It is nothing more than a cheap commercial vehicle that Dodge added a bit of gingerbread to, in order to sell it as a passenger vehicle. They have got to build the cheapest piece of garbage on the market. They have had a rust problem on the rear gutters for over 10 years, and have refused to spend a dime eliminating the problem. Everything about the Dodge screams cheap. I have recently owned a Dodge 1500 p/u and still own a B1500 Van. The p/u wasn't anywhere near as bad as the van. It would have to be selling at below 50% of market before I would ever touch another Dodge truck or van. I have gone back to Fords as I have never been disappointed in there products except once. Well maybe twice, if you want to count the poor paint job on a 1990 Lincoln MKVII that I bought new. But then, a lot of Ford vehicles had paint problems in the early 90's.

Reply to
Tyrone

Most Ford conversion vans were/are 150's. The heavy-duty ones were/are

350's. I don't think f250s are used for the standard conversions...the 350s use a heavier frame if I remember correctly. I haven't researched it, but I never see f250s as anything but work vans w/o side windows.

The factory Chateau package (pretty nice, and a lot cheaper than a conversion package) is not available on 250's, only 150/350.

I used to have an E150 Chateau which served me well, and for my next truck might consider a E350 Chateau with the Quigley 4wd conversion (depending on finances, that is).

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo