f-150 fuel economy?

Just wondering about the fuel economy for the F-150's. I've seen their web site and most say 16/20. I'm looking to possibly getting a supercab with

4x4 and an auto tranny. Any particular gearing in the rear axel that I should look for to get the best mileage?

Thanx, Rosscoe

Reply to
Rosscoe

"Rosscoe" started a controversy when he said in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I have a 2003 F-150 FX4 4x4 Supercab with 5.4, auto tranny and 3.55 gears.

I'd say the web site is very close to being right. My right foot contains a substancial amout of lead though. :)

I would say if you went with the 3.23 (I think) gears and drive with a lighter foot you could easily get around 18mpg consistantly.

Reply to
Robotron Tom

You are looking for a 'Low' ratio.

Reply to