'67 F100 update

Hey all...I posted a request a week or so ago for info on my latest project, a '67 F100. Got some great references to websites and have been checking them out quite a bit lately. Thanks!

I got last Friday afternoon off unexpectedly, so I ended up out at a friend's farm who has a '68 and a '69 F-100 parts truck he said I could take whatever I wanted for parts. I brought along the digital camera to document things before I started parts removal and just posted the pictures this evening. Thought someone might be interested in killing a couple minutes checking them out:

Keith

Reply to
Keith

Keith, what a gold mine. Good luck!!

-- Bruce

99 White WJ 4x4 Select Trac 89 YJ 03 Liberty Ltd L.O.S.T #000256 90 XJ6 Sovereign
Reply to
Bruce

Nice looking site! Let us know when you figure out what that handle was used for!

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Nice to have the selection of parts. I'd like to stick an under dash A/C unit in mine. Doesn't really matter to me if original, but I guess the original is nice from a "purist" point of view. You can check out some pix of the last weekends field day. We had it at a fire training facility. "Richmond TX" They got a few shots of the truck at different angles. "The four pictures across labeled "Mark's Beam", and the one labeled "Anthony-Fox news". Fox came out with a camera dude, and shot pix. They put us on TV that night. We mentioned the "Homeland security" aspect of it, and they ate that crap up. :) Usually, they film us, but don't put us on much. I just got rid of the old split rims and bias truck tires, and got some tubeless wheels for

10$ a piece from a friend at a salvage yard. They were varying colors, and I decided to paint them white, instead of the black I used to have. White was the original wheel color on that truck. I'd like to find some 3/4 ton hubcaps to go on them as was original. They are not as easy to find as 1/2 ton hubcaps though. Also switched to radial tires. One shot has a good rear view of my weird camper setup. The upper part of the tailgate was off in that shot. Pretty weird looking with that narrow cap on a utility bed, but it's very functional, and it's still wider than the inside walls. That bed is 7.5 ft, and the standard 8 ft shell is too long. That shell is probably from a midsize. I slept in it that night for the first time, and it was pretty comfortable. I've got carpet in the back. You can see a good shot of my mobile antenna in one of the beam shots. It's home made, and works all bands 80-10. It's ten feet tall, and center loaded in that shot, and I also have an extra 3 ft extender mast I can stick under that if I really wanna get with it. I hauled the beam and tower on a motorcycle trailer this year. Worked great.. MK

Mark Keith