FA: PROCOMP SHOCKS - BRAND NEW IN BOX! GREAT PRICE!!!

Just bought a 1986 Ford F150, 4x2, 302 engine 5.0L with 140,000 m. This truck is in excellent condition and I have the original owners log book to show he changed the oil & filter every 3000 miles. 10w30 Valvoline oil was used all these years. Now friends are telling me that the truck needs special oil, such as Valvoline's Max Life for older engines. Would appreciate anybody's opinion on this. Betty & her truck

Reply to
James Ford

||Just bought a 1986 Ford F150, 4x2, 302 engine 5.0L with 140,000 m. This ||truck is in excellent condition and I have the original owners log book to ||show he changed the oil & filter every 3000 miles. 10w30 Valvoline oil was ||used all these years. Now friends are telling me that the truck needs ||special oil, such as Valvoline's Max Life for older engines. Would ||appreciate anybody's opinion on this. Betty & her truck

Unless it's using oil, stay with the regular Valvoline Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Put the same oil in that truck that it's had all it's life, otherwise, it'll start using oil like crazy. MHO Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Use the same golden, gooey goodness it's been living on. I ran regular old Castrol in my 4Runner since day 1. Just sold it with 205k on the clock and it still barked the tires going into 2nd gear.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego