Ford Turbo Diesel Radiator Additive

I need to add Ford's recommended radiator additive to my '99 F250 SD - but alas, there's no radiator cap. Can I put the additive in my coolant reservoir, or do I need to pop a hose to get it directly into the radiator?

Thanks,

New2Deisels

Reply to
fishead

silverfox

The cap on the degas bottle is your pressure cap. Just pour the appropriate amount of SCA (FW-16) into the degas bottle and you are done. Give it a few days and retest to make sure you added the proper amount, you are looking for a reading around 2.1-2.3 and roughly a 50% mix of antifreeze. Jump over to the diesel stop forums they can answer all questions in as much detail as you can tolerate. :-)

mark

Reply to
rock_doctor