Fuel Storage - large amounts

Does anyone know how what can be done with gas and diesel that has been stored for a year or so? I have been told that the diesel may be fine but the gas could have degraded. I have also heard that there may be additives that could be used to make the gas more suitable for use.

I am talking about 15,000 litres of fuel so I am interested in any hints or advice anyone can offer, including directing me to where I might find more answers.

Thanks

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

The diesel will need to have a biocide added, it has likely grown bacteria. The gas may or may not be okay, all depends on how it was stored. If the tank was full, kept cool an d well sealed it may be fine.

Reply to
Chris Hill

What do you base this information on? Do you know where I can get more info on this subject?

Reply to
Stephen

Just various things I've read here and there. I'm pretty sure on the diesel, and from my own experience the gas issues are caused by poorly sealed cans that vent off all the more volatile compounds.

Reply to
Chris Hill