Ignition module going bad? Is there a code?

I have an intermittent running issue with my 1985 Ford Bronco. Sometimes it runs for a while and then quits and I can wait for a little while, then it will start and run again. Other times it will run for 3 days without a problem at all. Is there a code that the computer will thow out there to let me know what is going on? Will it read one for faulty ignition module, or low fuel pressure? Here are the trucks specs:

1985 Ford Bronco 302 EFI EEC-IV ignition

Don't know what else to include. I have done many things to this truck thinking that was the way to go. ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tim B.

Reply to
nobody_special

I had one die on my 86 as I sat in traffic. Got towed. Later on I noticed some problems and found that the big plug that connects to the module was loose. Removed it, cleaned all connections with alcohol and used a nylon tie to lock it down over the retaining tabs. No problems since. FWIW DFB

Reply to
D F Bonnett