Info re: remote entry/security between 1999 F150 & 2000 F250

I have a 1999 F150 (gas) into which I installed a Ford 1L3Z-19G354-CA remote entry/security module with remote start. I have purchased (but not taken delivery upon) a diesel F250 4x4 that has a remote entry unit only. (No remote start) My question: Are the two modules interchangeable, plug wise? I know that I can remove the wiring harness, but I'm lazy. If it is possible to simply swap the modules (yes, I'll have to remove the siren stuff and the PATS ring etc). Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

If the F250 has a manual transmissnio, you can not use the Remote Start anyhow. Me thinks that a gas and a diesel start sequence is not compatible among each other, making a requirement for different modules. Having said all of that, I'm just guessing. I would expect the asnwer to your question to be, no.

You could ask the Parts Department if the module (part number) you have for the '99 F150 is also used in the '00 F250 Super Duty.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland