More Ranger Questions A/C HELP!

Hi all. First of all I would like to thank the people that replied to other owners with "pinging" problems. I'm going to try that MAF cleaning on my

1994 Ranger 4.0 L 5sp. But, where is it? (said with embarassment from a guy who built his first Ford dirt tracker at age 13) That CLeaning is a good trick. I used to take the EGR valves off of all my GM Small blocks & fill em with bondo, put a solid gasket over it would still sail through an emission test. BUT.... the reason that i'm posting here is the A/C on the same 94 ranger 4.0L. We had about 5" of rain here Tues (atlanta) you know how those ranger defroster are either A/C or Heat - no ambient air - The A/C was working fine. Then yesterday when I got in the truck, all I was getting out of the vents was ambient temp air. WHen I checked, the compressor did not appear to be engaging. I have checked that 10 amp fuse under the dash & it's ok. would one of you geniuses PLEASE help me with one of your "quick fixes". I've been unemployed for a long time & just can't afford to take it to a shop. Thanks in advance!!!!! Of course it had to do this on the week of the 4th of July.
Reply to
UncleDuke

Well, when I started the truck yesterday, the A/C came on??? Doe the compressor have a automatic shutoff if the refridgerant charge is low? Any ideas??

Reply to
UncleDuke

Hey Duke,

Yes they do have a low pressure cut out switch, it is mounted on the accumulator, (black round thing next to the air box) possibly got some H2o in it?had a friend's exploder do something similar, replaced the plug on the harness and all problems went away..

Good Luck

LitJoe

Reply to
Joe G