O2 sensor on 99F150

I just got a check engine soone light and I popped on my OBDII reader which read a P0153 code meaning:

02 Circuit Slow Response (Bank 2, Sensor 1)

From the trusty manual I have some hints on backprobing the O2 sensor with a DVM while the truck warms up and this doesn't seem like a big deal. Before I crawl under the beast, though, I wondered if anyone had recently checked or replaced an O2 sensor.

I don't know what sensor is being referred to by Bank 2, Sensor 1. It may be patently obvious at first glance but I haven't looked yet and likley won't tomorrow either. Also, I did not erase the code but the light went out and this supposedly indicates that the fault did not occur in three or more cycles. Still, I would like to check it out because this is the second time the light has come on an gone off. It came on a couple months ago for a short time.

Any ideas on how much an O2 sensor costs and if there is any special socket or wrench I need to remove it?

Stephen N.

Reply to
Stephen N.