PSD Idler Pulley

Not a good day for the old truck.. Lost G/P relay this morning, now I notice that the idler pulley is FUBR, along with the belt of course.

Credit side, I got it home, 60 miles praying all the way.

This is second one this year, about 10Kmi. Everything looks good and square, belt tensioner is about 15KMI old also.

Am I missing something?

Regards, Pete Arnold

1987 300SDL 229 Kmi on Delvac1 1995 F250 PSD 176 Kmi on Rotella 2002 PT Cruizer 64 Kmi on Jiffy Lube {Wife's car} 1954 Nash Metro TMU, Hanger Queen
Reply to
Peter T. Arnold

Check the powewr steering pump shaft. I have seen a couple wear the thrust washers so that the shaft would push out under pressure causing the belt to run out of alignment. See idf the shgaft can be move axially with a dead engine or if it moves under drffering loads.

Reply to
lugnut

About .025 end play. Too Much? Any luck with rebuilt pumps?

Pete

Reply to
Peter T. Arnold

Should be OK. Bad ones I've seen run 1/8" or more which is well out of specs.

Reply to
lugnut