Question on F150 rear brakes

Can somebody tell me how to remove the rear calipers so that I can change the brake pads on a 2000 F150. The only way I see is to remove the whole flange from the rear end to get to them. Am I screwed up and missing something? TIA

Gene

Reply to
eugenec173

Isn't there two bolts through the caliper?

Reply to
BOSS

If there is I didn't see them. Maybe somebody else can chime in too. TIA

Gene

Reply to
eugenec173

I just changed mine awhile back and there are 2 bolts that hold them on. Looking from the back side(axle) you will note where the brake line mounts to the caliper about in the center of it. There are 2 bolts with rubber boots behind them right above and below where the brake line mounts. They are I believe the rear caliper sliders as well as main mounting point for the calipers. They should be a

10-12mm bolt head. Just unscrew the bottom one and the whole caliper swivels up and you can remove the pads, or it may be reversed where you unscrew the top bolt and swivel out that way. I don't remember off hand which way it was. It wont hurt if you take both out but make sure you support the weight of the caliper and don't let it hang....
Reply to
FordStyle

Thanks a whole bunch, that's it. I am not used to that arrangement, piece of cake. Thanks....

Gene

Reply to
eugenec173