Ranger Turn Signal Problem

I have a 97 Ranger extended cab XLT. My turn signal switch was intermittant in the right turn position and has now stopped working all together. It still works for the left turn position. Could this be a burned out turn signal bulb, or is it probably the switch? Is there some way to clean the switch contacts, or does the switch normally need replacing? If it needs replacing, how difficult is it to replace? Recall that the turn signal stalk also houses the wiper/ washer switch mechanism.

I should also mention that it has been really cold where I live. Not sure if that might effect the turn signal mechanism.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
NHYankBoy

The single most common cause of the problem you have is a burned out bulb.

The second most common cause is a bad ground at one or more of the lamp assemblies.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland