Re: 1974 F-100

I just bought a 1974, F-100, 302 engine and automatic transmission,

>fix'er-upper for my 13 year old son. It is to be a father - son project, >to be completed by the time he is 16 and can legally drive. > >I will need parts and wondered if y'all know of any good sources. The >major part needed is a used 8' bed. This one's pretty well used up. > >Stuff like weatherstriping, pedal covers, door handles and window >cranks, bumpers, bench seat (he wants bucket seats) tailgate, floorboard >replacement panels and a radiator pretty well covers the rest. > >I gave $300 for the truck. It cranks and runs. Most of the "junk yards" >around here (western N.C.) no longer have trucks or parts this old. > >I really like these old trucks. My last 1973 F-100 had 165,000 miles on >it when I bought it and then carried me till I sold it. The odometer >(3)94,000 miles. It was still running fine. > >Any help will be appreciated. > >Nick

If you are looking for good quality, this is one you will need:

Another is:
Eastwood is a bit expensive but great for hard to find tools and supplies:
These folks are just up the road from you:
There is the 150 forum on the net that covers all of the light Ford trucks with a lot of help.

There is a whole world of parts out there for F series trucks. I have delt with the ones above with good success and no problems.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut