Re: Cars run on water: Miracle or scam? - Yahoo! Answers

Separate Hydrogen from Oxygen, the link I provided shows test runs & explains

> the system working capabilities. > >
> > I think the oil industry gonna pull this one off soon since they want to make > more on gas price, which is really crazy! > > --- > MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2

Within industry, when they need hydrogen for a fuel source, they never take it from water. Too expensive to separate it from the oxygen. They take it from natural gas, which has a lot of hydrogen and a weak bond between molecules (or whatever Hydrogen is).

People have been nattering about removing hydrogen from water for decades, and AFAIK it cannot be done economically yet. Wish it could - there are better uses for natural gas than making hydrogen for a burner

- but not yet.

I hope you didn't invest a lot of your money on this scheme.

H.

Reply to
Rowbotth

Water is the ash of burning hydrogen and can not be separated from water to produce any negligible energy...It'd be like trying to start a fire from campfire ashes with the mentality that "well this stuff was once a tree, it should burn".... Yes, the ash is still the wood from the tree, but it's energy has been used & depleted.....Same with water.

Reply to
<IYM>

Well said....but wouldn't all of the methane we and the cows produce power the process to remove hydrogen from water? Our city has an enormous three foot high flame at the sewage treatment plane and never shuts the doors on the five or six LARGE buildings they heat with same...

John

Reply to
asadi

Think about it? Do you realize what you are saying?

You're going to use a fuel source to make a fuel source? You're going to burn Methane in order to release energy to do work i.e electrolyze (sp?) h2o to make hydrogen which you are going then burn/react again as your final propulsion fuel?

Why not cut out the efficiency losses in the double conversion and use the Methane as your propulsion fuel in the first place?

For starters, look at the methane molecule...

It is already a fuel -which is your desired end result from the start. I don't know enough about methane to speak intelligently, but it may take more energy to collect and store than it is worth.

Since it is being burned off, there's probably no reason it couldn't be used to power SOMETHING. Hook it up to a boiler, use part of the methane to run a steam generator, and use the energy generated from that to compress and store the balance of the methane and use that as your stored fuel source in place of your hydrogen, or burn the whole volume in your boiler and feed all of the essentially free electricity into the grid.

You already have an abundance of hydrogen there in a high potential energy molecule. You're going to burn it anyhow and release the carbon in your process. You'll just waste energy trying to crack the water apart. If you had to have hydrogen, there's probably a process to collect it directly from the methane that is more efficient than getting it from water.

The only way to gain is to collect wasted energy and convert it to use in the most efficient means possible. The biggest waste of energy in the neighborhood is the huge runaway fusion reaction at the center of our solar system. Collect that solar radiation and you've got your best bet for an energy source. The trick is finding the most environmentally clean and efficient means to collect and store that energy.

Sun causes wind and heat.

Of all the get rich quick energy schemes, the ones that take best advantage of that free energy source with the smallest investment will always win.

Reply to
Dean Bleess