Re: rusted on bumper bolts - need to get loose

I am having a bit of a time trying to get these bolts off. any

suggestions?

I don't have a large shop full of tools beel soaking the bolts daily in > 3-n-1 oil. someone suggested heating the bolts with a torch. I only have a > small propane one, will this get hot enough? > > -- > Tater > President of MARS Club >
> NAR #79654 L1 > AMA #747769 > EAA #703312 > remove spam spelled backwards to reply > > >
Reply to
jor

You can also get a nut buster and just replace it with a new one. It is a round thing that fits over the nut, with a bolt coming out the side that makes a chisel point on the inside to bust/cut the nut when you tighten the screw. Not very good description but the best I can do.

Reply to
dewatkins

Or you could use my ex-wife. She was a real nut buster.

tighten the

Reply to
JS

I just spent a lot of time getting some rusted nuts/bolts loose. I bought some penetrating oil -- I splurged and bought the expensive stuff $4 a spray can vrs $2 ;-). Over a weekend and most of a week, I'd spray and twist and turn and maybe even beat on the wrench a little. It took a 1/2 drive breaker bar and 2 foot pipe to get the larger ones loose, but they all finally came loose.

It seemed to take spraying, and soaking, and then trying to twist them off with a wrench and then spraying again, etc. before they finally let loose.

Reply to
Jim K