MAF sensor location?

Hi all & thanks for so much good information. I have been following the posts regarding cleaning the MAF sensor to stop "pinging". I have a 94 ranger 4.0L/5sp & I can't find it (MAF sensor) listed in the CHilton manual. could anyone tell me where it is & what it looks like? thanks.

Reply to
UncleDuke

------------------------------------------------ Mass Airflow (MAF) Sensor, Ranger Removal

CAUTION: Sensing elements located in the airflow bypass are not to be tampered with.

Disconnect battery ground cable (14301).

Disconnect mass airflow extension wiring.

Release air cleaner band clamp.

Separate the inlet and outlet sides of the engine air cleaner.

Peel back the convolute from the MAF extension wiring. Cut tape if necessary.

Pull grommet out of outlet side of engine air cleaner and slide it down the extension wiring.

Remove the MAF sensor plate and the MAF sensor from the outlet side of the engine air cleaner.

Disconnect MAF sensor connector.

Remove MAF from sensor plate. The MAF sensor electronics module and body are calibrated as a unit and must be serviced as a complete unit.

Reply to
David Ward

The MAF sensor is located between the air filter and the throttle plate and will have electrical wires connected to it.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

It is true that the MAF sensor is located between the air filter and the throttle plate and will have electrical wires connected to it. Also there are 2 security torx screws holding it in place. Unplug the sensor, remove the screws and carefully lift the MAF out. Carefully clean the elements and replace the sensor.

I cleaned my sensor earlier today. After 6 months of tinkering my "knocking under load" is finally 100% cured!

Reply to
E J B