remote entry question

I just got my 2000 xlt supercab (2wd) and i LOVE it! By far, one of the nicest vehicle i've ever owned. It's very equipped (power windows, locks, mirrors, etc...) but I don't know if it came equipped with the keyless entry option. I have a 2000 Ranger remote to try it with. I followed programming instructions that are in the owners manual (switch the key on-off 8 times...) but the doors dont lock-unlock when done. Does anyone know if the truck's vin can be used to identify if this was an option on this truck?

Thanks wall

Reply to
wallster

Ask the dealer if you can program the keyless remotes, but that sounds like you are trying to reprogram a new key for the ignition. I have a 2000 Ranger and thats what I had to do to program my new ign key. I dont know about keyless remote, but yes its an option on all ford trucks, especially if its an XLT, just dont know if it was actually installed.. LOL Again check with your dealership, and they can tell you if it was installed on that truck.

Reply to
pkurtz2