Source for Water Filled Ballast For 8' Bed

Now all these other people say it's going to be sliding all over the place. If that's the case, just untie it and hit the gas. There, out.

Steve Barker

Nah, if your going to tail gate it do it right, its back up and hit the brakes hard.

Whitelightning ;-)

Reply to
Whitelightning

No one plans to get in an accident, but I'll bet a paycheck it doesn't stay put just because it "surrounds the wheel wells" in one. Which is the whole point of properly securing a load, so that it stays put no matter what.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I have news for you, It does indeed flex because chassis will flex and bed is attached to it and it will flex with it and the block of ice will mold to bed shape when it freezes and them as it flexs (which is quite normal) even though it is well less than a inch, this is enough to change the contact resting area of the solid block of ice and make it slid a lot easier.. Try it and you will find on that will it looks good in theory, it is not in practice. Also if you doubt you bed flexs, put a inch of so of water in it and let it freeze and drive truck and see how quickly the ice either breaks up and breaks free from bed from its flexing.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Put the crack pipe down Blowman.

Reply to
My Names Nobody

Always got to be someone being a a$$. Still a bad idea and wait until so water/snow get on bed under it and freezes and then it will really want to skid and them how about a hard 400 to 500 lb ice block slamming into back of cab in a wreck. No thank you. Sure sand bag can slide but they are soft and not one piece.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

If it makes a difference, and I think it might, my bed liner is of the 'non-slip' variety, so I'd be inclined to think that once this bladder is filled and frozen, its not going anywhere. Keep in mind, too, that the center of gravity on it is very low, maybe 4 inches high at best, so that should also contribute to it's stability. For what its worth, I think that in today's litigous society, something like this would have to be put to an 'acid' test before being put onto the market, so most scenarios like those mentioned in this thread would've been addressed. Norm

Reply to
The Doctor