trans.

I have a 86 f-250 460 c.i. 4 speed. Can I put in auto or do they have 5 speeds for that year?

Reply to
cab432

If it's not a four wheel drive you can do a lot with it. If it is, find a different truck or leave it as is:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

The reaso I want to change is the trans is geared low. I sometimes can start in 3rd gear.

Reply to
cab432

That's an axle ratio issue. Is it 4x4 or 4x2?

CJB

Reply to
CJB

It is a 4x2 with 3.73 rear

Reply to
cab432

I don't see that as a problem, but I don't mind turning an engine over either. If you want to, the cheapest thing to do is put in bigger tires. What size are the ones you have now?

CJB

Reply to
CJB