Transmission Nightmare - please help

All ~

I own a 2001 Super Duty with 186,000 miles and the truck is in excellent shape. The fluid is pink and has no metal indications, but I am experiencing shifting issues. The truck does not downshift when I leave a stop or come to a stop...it often just stays in overdrive. I am somewhat confident that it has a electrical failure of somesort....maybe a "manual lever position sensor" or a "gem module". Has anyone ever experienced this problem, and if so, what was the resolution.

Thank you all,

Jason

214-364-9024
Reply to
JJohnson75

I cannot tell you what's wrong with your transmission...but I have had two automatic transmissions self destruct in my thirty six years of driving...and both exhibited the failure you are now describing (they wouldn't down shift when I stopped). Take my advice; the next time you drive this vehicle, it should be directly to a good automatic transmission shop. When my vehicles started to act like this, it was at the very end of their life.

Reply to
Advocate

Good advise as it sound like you may be have some interal seal problems with clutchs or valve body for which there is no easy fix.

SnoMan