Where does the a/c clutch ground?

My son's 96 F150 a/c wont engage. There is power to the clutch but not a ground. I traced it through a pressure switch than it disappears into the harness. There is a relay in the fuse box that keeps cycling when the a/c or blower is on, Probably has something in common with the problem. Anybody have an electrical diagram of the a/c system or advice?

Reply to
Doug Pratte

Would it not ground through the engine block?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Yep, like Matt said it grounds through the mount to the engine. There should only be a power wire to the back of the clutch. If it's cycling a lot, or not running very long, then it's probably low on Freon.

Pressure in the system, high or low, kicks it off or on. Pressure too low, won't allow it to kick on at all.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader