1995 GMC sierra Tailights

Can anybody help? My tailights are not working. I have checked the fuse, checked the bulbs and all are working fine. My brake lights, etc work fine. My dash lights work as well as my front daytime running lights. Why don't my tail lights work?

Reply to
rustyban

Bad ground? Bad connection inside the socket? Broken wire?

Noboday can really tell you why your tail lights don't work, without seeing the vehicle. You're best advised to start with the basics and work your way through fundamental troubleshooting. Do look first and carefully at the grounds. Automotive wiring will produce some very bizzare symptoms from bad grounds. Components will see something that sorta looks like ground feeding back through other components and produce completely unexpected results.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Thanks, Mike. You were right. The ground behind the bumper was frayed. Fixed the ground and taillights work.

Reply to
rustyban