1995 Jimmy wont start - Will only start with starter fluid

I have been having problems starting my Jimm y lately in the cooler and wetter weather. I can hear the fuel pump running when I turn on the key. When I turn the key to start it it will crank but it just wont start. I pulled the air cleaner hose and sprayed some starter fluid down into the intake, put the hose back on and the car started right up. After it started it ran perfectly fine. After I shut it off and let it sit for a couple of minutes it wouldn't start again unless I sprayed starter fluid into the intake. Any suggestions?

Reply to
PabloPowell

Check and make sure the ground from the fuel pump is not loose. I had this exact problem on a 99 s10 but it turned out the ground was not tight against the frame.

Reply to
twins0203

Yeah, I couldn't find the ground. Probably because the fuel pump is inside the gas tank on a 95' Jimmy. Someone told me to take a look at the electronic choke but I cannot find anything on the electronic choke for a

95' Jimmy. Anyone have any suggestions?
Reply to
PabloPowell