5.7 vs. 5.0 liter engine??

I am looking at 1997-2000 vans and notice that the 5.7 liter and 5.0 liter engines have the same VIN code.  What is the difference between the engines other than displacement, particularly reliabilty and durability? Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill

My 1999 5.7L has been nothing but trouble. 6 trips to the dealer to fix the fuel injectors, and a valve job on both heads, all under 38,0000 miles. My local GMC dealer also said they are experiencing a much higher than normal rate of mechanical issues with late model 5.7 engines (up to year 2000). Based on my experience, I have to recommend staying away from the 5.7 engine. Manufacturers obviously knew these were going away and just did a crappy job putting them together in the last few years of their mass production existence.

Bill wrote:

Reply to
Ric Bednar

I am looking at 1997-2000 vans and notice that the 5.7 liter and 5.0 liter engines have the same VIN code. What is the difference between the engines other than displacement, particularly reliabilty and durability? Thanks

Bill

Reply to
NoSpam