94 Lumina van torque converter won't unlock at times

Hello group, The van in question works fine most of the time. However, when it acts up you can't drive it. The torque converter will not unlock and therefore the vehicle will stall as you stop. I can put the trans in neutral to stop however it will stall as soon as I put it in gear from a stop. If I wait for a while, 15 minutes or so, all is ok for a while. I know some cars had a wire to the trans that if you disconnected it, the torque converter would not lock up. Any such wire on this vehicle? Any help appreciated.

Reply to
dogdayyesterday

Shep

Replace TCC solenoid in tranny. About a $100 repair in these parts.

Reply to
noname