98 Sonoma Temp Gauge

I have a 98 Sonoma 4.3L, and the temp gauge is not working. Has anyone ever had this problem before? The temp sensor has recently been replaced so I think it may be the gauge itself. I was told the only way to fix this was to send the entire instrument cluster to the dealership and have them fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
sam