Best Rated threads in General Motors Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

active ng
post a week ago about lack of posts in this ng tough to be a gm basher when all you can do is make things up. Facts is facts and gm is doing good right now. Have fun.
10
10

2nd electric car battery fire involving Chevy Volt
2, 3, 4, ... The Volt = Torch, Short Circuit, The Bomb, ? 2nd electric car battery fire involving Chevy Volt
3
3

Sale to China
There is a new email aviso that GM will be sold to China. Wrong or right, what are your comments??
3
3

UAW's Two-Tier PAY SYSTEM Threatens U.S. Auto Quality! Dejected Workers Lack Incentives To Make Good Cars!
In message , Mike Morin writes The infrastructure is there for cars. There is very little infrastructure for public transport. So your desires are addressed to the wrong group. They need to go to the...
8
8

Lumina W-Body Lower Engine Mount (Shop Manual vs Internets)
I've got the 2-volume GM shop manual set for my '97 Lumina. Always have them for my cars, which are usually at least 6 years old. Cost 10-50 bucks on ebay, depending. I wrote off replacing the...
3
3

dumped my chevy venture
Aftead 150140 miles, having persistent brake problems which culminated with having to stop with my foot to the floor, overheating, a shorting drivers side window switch, a transmission going out...
30
30

Removing Heater Hose at Firewall - Lumina APV
Howdy all... need a little help here in removing the heater hoses from the rear firewall. I need to replace the heater core. 1995 Chevy Lumina APV 3.1 engine Hoses on the firewall have the broad type...
4
4

Questions regarding 4WD not engaging on a 1991 Chevy K1500 Pickup
Hi everyone, My 4WD stopped engaging on my 1991 Chevy K1500 Pickup. I noticed the 4WD light was not coming on and I ran the truck up on the bottom of a steep bank to check if it was not in 4WD or if...
7
7

95 LeSabre Hard start
Hello all, My '95 LeSabre w/3800 seems to have something drawing power that is keeping the engine from turning over fast enough to start. A jump doesn't work, but a fresh battery does. However, it...
2
2

'96 Chevy Corsica Heater Control..... Please help :(
Hello, I have a 1996 Chevy Corsica. I recently removed/reinstalled the dash. When I was nearly finished, I found an electrical connector that didn't seem to reach anything to plug into. Everything...

Chevrolet spiral wound brake lines
Does anybody know what the purpose of the spiral wire wound brake lines is on GM cars and trucks? The only reference I can find calls it "coiled armor shielding". Maybe so the steel line doesn't get a...
5
5

GM 3.1 Backfires into the Intake
Hey guys, I've got a 1995 Chevy Lumina 3.1 that is backfiring into the intake. It make a loud poping noise and if you listen with a stethoscope you can hear it really loud on the intake. I've checked...
4
4

99 Lumina 3.1 Intake gasket replacement procedures
Can anyone please post or direct me to the procedures for replacing the intake gasket. It's my turn to fix my GM leaking gasket problem. I've read as much here as I can about the updated gasket and...
5
5

2.2 camshaft change.
Has anyone changed the cam and bearings on a non ecotech 2.2? How did you do it? Can it be done on a rear wheel drive with the block in the truck? WHich cam tool works for the bearings? bob

GM Lower rear shock bolt 10.9 Metric for 99 Montana
I'm desperately trying to find the lower shock bolt and nut that fits a 99 Pontiac Montana. I called several dealers and part stores and it's either a non-stock item or an unavailable part. Can anyone...
2
2

00 Monte Carlo engine pulse during light accleration.
Hi, I have a '00 Monte Carlo SS with the 3.8L V6. When I accelerate lightly at hwy speed or when I press the resume on the cruise control the engine pulses til I get to the previous speed setting. You...

Can I put on 215/65/R15 Winter Tires? (1999 Chevy Venture)
Is it safe to put on a smaller size tires on my Chevy Venture 1999 ?? Someone has a pair of 215/65/R15 winter tires for sale and I was thinking of buying but saw that my car currently have 215/70/R15...
1
1

smoke from steering column on '93 GP
I have seen and smelled smoke coming from the steering column (tilt wheel) on a '93 Pontiac Gran Prix. It hasn't blown any fuses. The car is otherwise very clean (grandma's car) and I have never heard...
7
7

3800 Oil in Lower Intake Manifold, squealing after warm up
After looking at this post: I had the very same problem with my 3800 2001 Impala. Basically the cat converter plugged up (replaced by dealer) but also burned a hole in my plenum (not covered by GM)....
3
3

3.1 L Engine intake or exhaust backfire only in Park or Neutral ! HELP !!!
Hi Everyone! 94 Cutlass Supreme 3.1 L V6. The engine sputters ONLY when in PARK OR NEUTRAL. Sounds like an intake or exhaust backfire. It's not SUPER loud but it is very very noticeable. Sometimes it...
5
5