Best Rated threads in General Motors Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1992 Pontiac Grand Prix - Check Gauges Warning light problem
I have a 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix with just 40,000 miles. Recently the "Check Gauges" warning light started coming on when the car was started after sitting a while, then turned off after it was warmed...
3
3

Injector o-ring question, 3800
I just replaced the lower intake manifold gaskets and upper plenum in my '98 Olds Intrigue (with help from the people in here). Car now ran good and has good power, but after driving a short time, I...
2
2

Strange Coolant Problem from my 98 Lumina
I have a 1998 Chevy Lumina 3.1 with about 168000 miles on it. Last night I had the low coolant light come on (the car had been running an hour or so). I immediately stopped and checked my coolant...
6
6

Rough Idle/Misfire/EGR?
Friends, We have a 1998 Lumina 3.1. About a week ago we would occasionally noticed a slight rotten egg/sulfur smell (Catl Convert). Yesterday when the car was started after work it was real hard to...
5
5

1998 chevy venture brake spongy pedal
The LR hub had the wires broken/cut so the ABS light is on, but it does stop. I changed 1 rotor and the brake pads. we cleaned/adjusted the rear brakes - the drum just drags a little. We bled the rear...
12
12

1993 Buick Lesabre - How to access dash speakers?
I have a 1993 Buick Lesabre which I'm pretty sure has a loose speaker wire on the passenger dash speaker. Can anybody help me with the proper way to access this? I can find two screws in the glove box...
1
1

'93 Lumina won't start
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the situation: Car won't start but cranks good. When ignition is turned on, I can hear the fuel pump cut on for a couple of seconds. When this happens,...
7
7

I used Carb Cleaner now I get an engine light
I have a 98 Grand am with the 3100 engine, I took off the air box top and sprayed in carb cleaner several times, then I took off the MAF sensor and sprayed it out, then when I put everything back...
5
5

coolant leak 2002 Buick LeSabre from upper intake housing
I was told that I had a coolant leak coming from the upper intake housing where it joins the plentom. The cost to replace is apprx $800. That seems kind of expensive plus I have also been told that it...
6
6

1994 Buick park ave trunk
I have a 1994 buick park ave and the other day i opened my trunk and it was full of water where it had been raining this happed when i first bought the call and the previous owner had itr fixed but i...
8
8

2000 chevy prizm check engine light
I have A 2000 Chevy prizm with 1.8 4cyl. engine automatic transmission ac with 56,000 miles. Check engine light is on had it scanned at automotive repair center said the o2 sensors were bad ( bank 1...
3
3

Starter bolt torque
Strange thing happened on my '95 Chevy Cavalier. The car wouldn't start one day, I popped the hood and I saw the starter totally out of place. Both the bolts had sheared, one came out easily, and the...
2
2

Re: Park Ave 3.8 Ultra--- supercharger noise
Hope this Helps Info - Remanufactured Supercharger Replacement Units - Remanufactured Supercharger Replacement Units 1992-2003 Buick Park Avenue 1995-1999 Buick Riviera 1997-2003 Buick Regal 1992-1996...
4
4

2003 Impala Tire wear
2003 Impala with 45,000 miles. Just replaced front brakes, rotors and tires from normal wear. Still was getting a vibration while stopping in the pedal so I checked the back and sure enough they are...
4
4

Trunk lock seized
I have an 88 z24 and I found out today that my trunk lock will not turn. I have tried penetrating oil, wd40, and white lithium grease, but the key will not turn. I can't get into the trunk to release...
11
11

Engine knock and smell of gas
Hey there, I own a 97 Monte carlo z34.....The car developes a knocking sound from the engine compartement after having been driven for 1/2 hour or more, and then "only" when I stop at a light or put...
2
2

05 Chevy Tahoe Auto door locks going crazy driver side door ajar light on
I was driving my 05 Chevy Tahoe I turned on the right hand blinker all of a sudden my auto door locks are going on and off my driver side door ajar light comes on eventually it turns off. Now it...
2
2

Car shaky after changing spark plugs
I have a 1994 Chevy cavalier I just change the spark plugs and spark wires for no reason just to make it run a lil better the wires are in the right spot the gap is correct the plugs and wires are all...
2
2

brakes and clutch
Ive got a 94 sunbird 2.0, and my clutch burned up about a month ago and today I went to move the car and it seems as it wont move unless its pulled, even in neutral the car is stationary, cant figure...
2
2

My 2018 GMC Savana Wont Start
I have a 2018 GMC Savana. It was running well until yesterday. I filled the gas tank, got in it, and the damn thing wont start. The gas gauge says "Gas Overfilled". I guess I must have put too much...