Best Rated threads in General Motors Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

AC/Heat Airflow in 96 chev Lumina
Hi, I have an airflow problem (in my heat/ac) in my 96 Chevrolet Lumina. I think I've narrowed it down to either being the rotary switch that selects airflow, or the blender(s) it controls. Is there a...
11
11

GM's 3.6L VVT engine
Does anyone have any experience with this engine. We are now looking at the GMC Acadia or the Saturn Outlook, and this is the only engine available. It appears to have been out since 2004 in the...
3
3

90 lumina euro - remove trannie?
Hi there, Posted several months ago regarding how the reverse quit on my 90 Lumina Euro (sedan). 3.1L V6 with 4T60 transmission 131000kms. Basically, you guys confirmed what the tranny shops had...
5
5

GMC Van sliding door noise
Good day all, I have a used 2000 GMC Safari Cargo The sliding door is rattling pretty hard when going on hard bumps. Look's like the top "pin" is rattling hard, is there somekind of adjustment that...
1
1

1995 Sunfire GT 2.3 DOHC QUAD 4
My Sunfire is having a problem with accelerating. Started yesterday with no power climbing a hill. More I would push down on the gas, the slower I would go. As I left off the gas it would smooth out,...
11
11

Orange or Green Coolant for 1991 Chevy K1500 Pickup with 4.3 V6
Hello everyone, About 7 years ago I flushed out the green coolant in my 1991 Chevy K1500 pickup with a 4.3 V6. The truck now has about 97,000 miles on it. Normally, I would say stick with whatever...
13
13

Why shroud-cover over supercharged engine?
On 98 Buick Regal supercharged 3800, what is the purpose of the plastic shroud (with foam insulation) over the top of the engine? Is it for more uniform expansion of engine....would this minimize the...
3
3

94 Buick Regal 3800 electrical issues
Having a weird electrical issue with 1994 Buick Regal Custom. 1. It started with no brakelights, or right hazard signal light. Fond on these forums the turn signal switch is common, so I replaced the...
1
1

'94 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Engine problem
I've had this Cutlass Supreme SL 3.1 for 2 years and bought in with less than 30,000 miles on it. This car has always used a lot of oil. At this point it's down a quart after only 350 miles of driving...
1
1

2002 Dodge Caravan 3.8 engine removal
The engine in my 2002 Dodge Caravan sounds like it has has some major damage inside the motor. I am a fairly good mechanic, but have never taken out a motor that sets sideways. I have a engine hoist...
7
7

1997 GMC Savanna 2500 5.7L V8 dies when braking
Hello, My above mentioned van dies whenever I decelerate from 60 to a dead stop, it rumbles at first like it's gasping for air then stalls. I put it into park and start it right up again and drive...

Win a Chevy HRR or Chevy Cobalt
This is from GMAC Enter for a chance to win a 2007 Chevrolet HHR, a $1,000 ExxonMobil prepaid cash card & $6,000 cash or a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt, a $1,000 ExxonMobil prepaid cash card & $5,000 cash or...

Code 44 4.3 gmc safari
Some days I love this truck and some days I wud................ Anyways when I am towing my small camper about 2000 lbs loaded and trying to do the long haul up hills with ac on driving semi nice a...
14
14

Pontiac Bonneville 2000 - Engine died while driving
I have a Pontiac Bonneville 2000 with 94,200 miles (Automatic transmission) and just a month ago it started to have problems; I was driving and out of sudden the engine died, so I pulled over and have...
3
3

94 Buick Park Avenue electrical system dies
I had driven the car for over an hour when suddenly the car stopped and the entire electrical system was dead. I sat there for 15 minutes, then started the engine and drove home with all systems...
3
3

1996 Beretta Stalled (won't start).
I have a 1996 Beretta and while driving it, it lost power (stall) and cut off. The only thing it does now when I try to turn it on is just a clicking noise. Before it cut off there was no noise or...
23
23

valve covers & Removing oil sludge buildup
Hi, What is the best way/product to use to remove sludge buildup, to clear the oil passageways? I have a GM 3.8L supercharged on a 99 bonneville ssei. I think the oil drain passageways may be blocked,...
10
10

Astro van voltage and fusible links
I have a 1993 Astro Van AWD 4.3 vin W. Over the past few weeks my voltage gauge has been dropping after the van has warmed up. A few times it dropped enough to make the battery light come on. I...

Fuel injector o-ring size
Bought some new FelPro o-rings for my ongoing Alero project. The new rings are obviously fatter than the originals, and I can't get the injectors down in their holes with the fatter o-rings fitted....
4
4

2000 Grand Am GT wont shift into fourth
My wife's 2000 Pontiac Grand AM GT wont shift into fourth gear and it makes a hell of a whir when in motion. It seems to shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd smoothly, though the whir gets louder as the gears...
1
1