Can someone look up 1G3NL52E9YC394353 VIN?

Car dealer will inspect Alero 2000, but I want to check VIN record. anyone?

Reply to
bill_hur

I can only give you the GM VIS information:

CLAIM HISTORY

R.O Date R.O Number Type Labor Operation Odometer Reading 02/26/2004 709014 # V1051 - 03043- REPLACE HAZARD WARING SWITCH

128995 kilometres 05/03/2001 776885 # J3020 - CAP, COOLANT FILL - REPLACE 44817 kilometres 03/29/2001 069244 # H0042 - PADS, DISC BRAKE - FRONT - R&R OR REPLACE 42201 kilometres 07/07/2000 015186 # C0182 - REGULATOR, FRONT DOOR WINDOW - RIGHT POWER - R&R OR REPLAC 13385 kilometres 05/01/2000 122854 # A5575 - RAIL DUST REMOVAL - OXALIC ACID PRODUCTS 5 kilometres 03/23/2000 C94353 I Z7000 - PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION - BASE TIME 0 kilometres

Just the warranty/recall work done.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
bill_hur

Here is a CarFax for you. The formatting is terrible, but yous should be able to figure it out. If anyone knows how to get the webpage in plain text let me know.

2000 OLDSMOBILE ALERO GL 1G3NL52E9YC394353 SEDAN 4 DR 3.4L V6 OHV 12V / FRONT WHEEL DRIVE

Title Problems Title Problems CARFAX guarantees the information in this section Summary Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt Guaranteed

No Problem

Fire/Flood | Hail Damage | Buyback/Lemon This vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee

Guaranteed

No Problem

Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits Guaranteed No Problem GUARANTEED - None of these major title problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you find that any of these title problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. Register | View Terms

Summary Frame Damage Check No frame damage reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported Airbag Deployment Check No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported Odometer Rollback Check No indication of an odometer rollback. No Issues Indicated Accident Check No accidents reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported Manufacturer Recall Check Check with an authorized Oldsmobile dealer for any open recalls. No Recalls Reported Basic Warranty Check Original warranty estimated to have expired. View Info Interested in an extended warranty? Warranty Expired

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. CARFAX checked over 4 billion vehicle history events and found 3 record(s) for this 2000 OLDSMOBILE ALERO GL (1G3NL52E9YC394353). Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:

04/10/2000 3 Service Facility Vehicle serviced Odometer reported as 5 kilometers 04/28/2000 Alberta Motor Vehicle Dept. Edmonton, AB Registration issued or renewed First owner reported 06/15/2001 Alberta Motor Vehicle Dept. Leduc, AB Registration issued or renewed
Reply to
John

Does that mean there was frame damage and the SRS was deployed but never reported because the previous owner did not have collision coverage and did his own bodywork? Or that the car was under three feet of water but the previous owned did not have collision insurance? Or that a used junkyard engine was installed by a previous owner or that the speedometer was turned back by the owner several times, but never to a point below where the mileage was last recorded, like the last state inspection? CarFax is a joke.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The guy asked for a report. I gave him a free report. Like everything else, take it with a grain of salt.

Anyone who takes as gospel what they read on the net without checking it out is an idiot.

That goes triple for some of the advice you give mike hunt.

Reply to
John

Reply to
bill_hur

True fact. Carfax is VERY limited. With all the Katrina cars showing up all over the place you need a GOOD physical inspection.

Just my .02

Leo

Vintage Automotive T-Shirts

bill snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
West Coast Vintage

Now that we know the VIN number of your car, prepare for some major identity theft. HA HA HA......

Reply to
identitytheft