Cavelier shaking

:( My 95 cavelier has problems. It shakes once it hits 70 on the freeway, and when the car is idling, the airflow in the car seems irregular. what i mean is i listen to the muffler, and it spurts every few seconds. I also timed it w/ the engine block, and it seems that the ending block shakes slightly when it spurts. The only thikn i was advised about by a mechanic was to get the fanbelt changed. could this be the only problem??

Reply to
Jeus

It could be anything except a fan belt. It probably needs a new engine. Take it to a REAL mechanic.

Reply to
« Paul =?is

DUH!!! Find a new mechanic. You don't have a fan belt. The fan is driven by an electric motor. Take it to a reliable shop to diagnose since you apparently have the skills to diagnose it yourself...

Reply to
Woody

Rough idle is usually MAF and/or EGR related, though it can be a few other things as well. Any competant dealer can find the problem for you. On something that old, most local mechanics won't have the parts to readily swap in or the full computer instead of a little generic handheld scanner.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander