another carb Q

Hi Ramva,

Yesterday i did some maintenance on my engine. As advised here many times, i removed my fuel filter out of the engine compartment. It's now sitting under the fuel tank and the space is actually too narrow. There is a little tension on the filter, but i hope it will do. I've re-checked the valve clearance and had to adjust #1 and #3. After that done i've cleaned the airfilter and chainged the oil in it. At the end it was time to take her/it/him for a spin, started the engine and it Fweemed at once. But idle was very irregular. (when cold)

My Question is; Does this have anything to do with the automatic choke? I have a 30 PICT1 carb. and burn a unleaded oct.95 fuel with an lead additive in a bottle (if matters at all) I know there are (3) alignment marks on the cover and you can adjust the white piece of plastic in it. But what way??? up or down, it is now slightly down. (lowest mark) And do i only loosen the 3 screws or do i have to dismantel the whole thing??

TIA Roger

begin 666 Roger GSM.vcf M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..CM2;V=E

Reply to
Bug59

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 13:54:54 +0200, "Bug59" ran around screaming and yelling:

don't worry about the marks...when the engine is *cold* before it has been started...remove the aircleaner so yo ucan see teh chokeplate...loosen the screws that retain the choke heat element/spring....turn the choke element till the choke plate closes...then a *tad* bit more(hows that for a "scientific" measurement? heh)....if it is warm weather were you are located now, you may have to re-do this when winter comes...after you do this start the car and watch to make sure the choke opens all the way...it should really not take more than a couple minutes...if it does then your element may not be getting 12v or it is just worn out... good luck JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Ok, thanks Joey, i'll try do use your modern tech :-) But just out of curiosity, why are those marks on the cover?

Roger

"Joey Tribiani" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Bug59

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:09:14 +0200, "Bug59" ran around screaming and yelling:

for reference, just as you suspected...some are even labeled "lean" and "rich"(on american iron)...what that refers to is at startup...if it chokes more it runs richer.... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Hrm, lean and rich. If only members of the opposite sex wore the same markings. It would save you all that time of finding partners to date only to find out that they are neither lean nor rich.

Just a thought.

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque