code PO452

98 Jimmy I got a service code of PO452. It said something about emission code.

Any ideas what this is. I did have the fuel pump replaced a couple months ago.

Reply to
Tim

Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input

The sensor on the tank is reading low or the wiring is shorted. Wire might have been pinched when the pump was replaced and took a while for the insulation to wear through. Drop the tank and check the harness off the sensor and test the sensor while you have it apart.

Reply to
Steve W.

Did you check your gas cap?

Reply to
Woody

Dropping tank sounds like more then I can do.

Reply to
Tim

Bad cap wouldn't set this code. It is set because the ECM expects the sensor to be within a set range when it isn't testing the evap system. If it is high or low it sets a code.

Reply to
Steve W.

If that pressure sensor was shorted and shared circuitry with another critical sensor, yes.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Will this cause the car to stop running or not start?

Reply to
Tim

If it is ONLY the sensor going bad it shouldn't. It will just trigger the SEL. However if the wiring harness is shorting it could be shutting of power to the fuel pump as well.

Reply to
Steve W.