'02TJ spark plug change w/ coil packs

Hey guys,

looking to change out my plugs in my Jeep. Any issues with working with the coil pack? Haven't attempted these before....so I don't want to get half way through and run in to trouble.

Cheers Sb

Reply to
Steve_b

Hey guys,

looking to change out my plugs in my Jeep. Any issues with working with the coil pack? Haven't attempted these before....so I don't want to get half way through and run in to trouble.

Cheers Sb

Reply to
Steve_b

Pull the three half inch bolts holding the rail to the head, and remove the entire rail and spark plug connectors at once. If you can, remove the wire connector that supplies the coil rail. I am never able to get them, so I just flip the pack up and on top of the valve cover. Be sure to use dielectric grease in the plug boots and anti seize on the plugs.

HTH

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

There is no problem changing the plugs on that vehicle, only thing that I thought was hard was getting the coil pack out of the way enough to get to the back cylinder.

Reply to
abomb69

Well, I finally got the chance to change my plugs. UHM....I should've done this a LONG time ago! The plugs were actually in ok condition (as far as burning/etc..). The gap was not measureable by my gap tool (the disc one not the feeler gauge pack). I'd have to say I had at least 1/4" gap where I'm supposed to have

35thou.

Anyways, managed to snap a plug when putting it in, so had to clean and regap an old one but it works great! Noticed a significant difference in my mileage (and haven't finished the tank yet).

Shame on me!

cheers

Reply to
Steve_b

Did you remember to use anti-seize on the threads?

Reply to
billy ray

I did use anti-seize and some anti-oxidation goop on the contacts. Should be good for a while now....gas mileage is WAY better!

Reply to
Steve_b