Do I need to replace struts?

I have a 1994 Buick Century, It is making a noise like there is something loose in the trunk ever since I got a new muffler, I took it back to see if the muffler was loose, they said I need new struts. I am getting ready to sell the car soon - so they told me it wouldn?t hurt to keep driving it, the only problem would be the noise. Is this possibly true? Is it safe? How much should struts cost?

Thanks

Reply to
stonehenge

Shep