Dodge Challenger

Anyone see the artist drawings of the Challenger that Dodge will likely produce as a fail to the Mustang?

The thing will sell like crazy with engine options ranging from a V6 to a

425 hp "Hemi".

And, Mr. Lutz, what do you have on the showroom floor or at least on the drawing boards to sell to the driving enthusiast who can't swing a Corvette and will not buy the fake GTO Mondeo?

Precisely nothing. Oh yeah, you do have the stupid, whatever it's called, fake pickup truck thing with the convertible top that no one wants to buy. Whoever approved that waste of development money ought to be fired immediately if not sooner.

If Chrysler does this Challenger right, it may be the replacement for my BMW

330i in a few years.

GRL

Reply to
GRL

I guess you haven't seen the up-coming camero then...

Reply to
Punch

There bringing back the Camaro? What about the Trans Am?

Reply to
80 Knight

Take a look at what's on the drawing board if it's still up and hasn't been removed.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

The Mondeo is a Ford product from Europe.

The Monaro is the Aussie car the GTO is based on.

Guess you haven't heard about the Camaro coming back.

Reply to
Brad Clarke

Why do you hate the GTO so much? My only complaint about it is the price, who cares if it's an Aussie car, it's better than anything GM has come out with here in the US in the last 30 years.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Just got my Hemmings Muscle Machines yesterday, one of the columnists was discussing this. Apparently you're not going to get any hard info, but the buzz is it may be back for '06.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

That would make my day. :)

Reply to
80 Knight

Especially now that they have added some of the "legacy" GTO elements to the design. I haven't looked at the sales numbers lately. Have they improved this past year?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Hopefully with a 427 in it.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

It will end up with 4 doors and window sills so high that you will have to stretch to see out of the side windows.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Lutz and all of his leutinants should have been gone a long time ago.

Reply to
Muhammed Mustafo Goldstein Jr

A 427?...I might go for a 427 as long as it uses the same technology as the NorthStar V8 with the 4-6-8 cylinders adjustment allowing me to cruise on just 4 cylinders getting 30 miles per gallon until I step into it.

Reply to
Muhammed Mustafo Goldstein Jr

That can be explained in 5 letters U-G-L-E-Y

Reply to
Muhammed Mustafo Goldstein Jr

I hope it looks better than Charger. Entirely to much going on in the styling of the charger. Plus it should have been a coupe. Hot rod 4 doors look so silly.

Reply to
Muhammed Mustafo Goldstein Jr

Wha-a-a-a-t???? Screww the NorthStar engine! You don't like the smallblock 427 in the 2006 Z06 Corvette? It's 505 h.p. and gets over 30 m.p.g. highway if you use 6th gear.

Reply to
Dad

I have finally started to see a couple "in the wild" but I don't think we can call this any kind of success, sadly.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I don't think it's ugly, just kind of bland looking... and that's fine by me, I don't really want to look like I'm driving a "hot" car even if I am. No sense attracting the attention of the local constabulary...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Wha-a-a-a-t???? Screww the NorthStar engine! You don't like the smallblock 427 in the 2006 Z06 Corvette? It's 505 h.p. and gets over 30 m.p.g. highway if you use 6th gear.

Reply to
Peter Daly

Heh, heh, heh! Now seriously, anything but the PT Cruiser looks better! ;-)

Reply to
Cool Jet