Door Panel

I need to take the door panel off the driver side door of my 1974 GMC PU to set the window back on track...anyone know exactly what I need to unscrew or unclip?

thanks.

Reply to
Tex

Not exactly, but it's an easy thing to figure out. You'll probably have a couple of phillips screws in the armrest and perhaps one behind the door handle. I'm not sure if the'74 had the door handles like the vehicles of today or if it had a handle without the integrated door lock. Either way, a simple look will tell you. After that it's all snap in. Gently go around the perimeter of the door with a screw driver and pry the panel off the door assembly. At the window, the panel will lift straight up. Give it a shot and simply look and pay attention to what you are seeing, and you'll find it's pretty straight forward.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Thanks for the reply. Like you said it was fairly easy to figure out. Before I posted a local fellow told me it was a simple two bolt removal thing. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out from that angle, then I basically did what you suggested above and it was rather simple and straight forward.

Thanks....

Reply to
Tex

No problem. That's what we're here for. Now, if you'll kindly step over to the cashier...

Reply to
Mike Marlow