FS: Ford Taurus for $3600

Ford Taurus LX 4-door Sedan Asking for $3600 Suggested retail price: $5600 I bought the car 1.5 years ago from Worden Martin. Selling it cheap now because I'm graduating in May and will be leaving the states. Very well- maintained. No serious problems except for slight body scratches. Interior is flawless. Had a transmission problem because I forgot to add transmission fluid but I changed the entire transmission tank already.

Contact Zhenzhi at snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu

Reply to
Zhenzhi

So it is a 2002 model year? How about the rest of the information please.

For $5600 it has to be a 2002 with 60K miles on it or so (book retail value). Any older and it is worth much less.

Reply to
David

If you can buy one in good condition for $3,600 buy it even if you just want to trade it.

The is no listing for an LX but NADA lists a 2002 Taurus SEL with average mileage of 30K as follows;

Average trade Average Retail

$10,000 $12,200 (60K miles deduct $1,500)

mike hunt

David wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt

NADA is full of it. The 25K, 2004 LX Taurus are all over dealers lots as factory program cars for $11,000 RETAIL advertised price. The 35K, 2003 program LX's are advertised for $8,000. All with warranty.

Who in their right mind is going to believe NADA retail price on a 2002 retail of $12,200?

Reply to
David

You are free to believe what you wish, but NADA price lists are derived for the actual selling prices at new car dealerships over the past month. $25,000 will buy you a new Crown Vic LX. Perhaps what you are seeing are used rental cars. Specially equipped models that were sold new to rental car companies for $14,000. Ford has not sold an LX model to retail buyers for several years. Many dealers erroneously refer to ALL the cars they buy a auction as 'program' cars even those that were sold to customers. In reality no used cars, retail or lease, are sold as a program vehicles A true PGV. is one that was only ever owned by Ford, and a window label stating that fact is attached. If there is not a label that says 'The only owner of this vehicle was Ford Motor Company,' it is not a program car, merely a used car that was at some point sold by Ford to some buyer.

mike hunt

David wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt