G6 or Eclipse Convertable

Since I have only received one reply on the Pontiac NG I am trying here.

I am trying to decide between buying a new G6 convert. or an Eclipse convert.

I would like opinions on the G6 from those of you that have one, hopefully someone that has put some significant mileage on so as to get more than just an indicial impression of the car.

Thanks Double Tap

Reply to
Double Tap

G-6: Its ok. Generic people's car. I don't own one but I have rented at least Eight, four door models in the last 12 months. Put 1000-2000 miles on each one. The 3.5 V-6 is ok. The autotrans is only a 4 speed

- it really needs a five speed. The window sills are way too high. The tach is useless and takes space away from the speedo. The info and radio display cannot be seen in daylight. The speakers suck. Arm rests are not padded and are like resting your arms on steel beams. Steering position sucks unless you get power pedals. Outside mirrors are almost usless due to taper. The ass end sticks way up in the air. Trunk is next to useless and my standard size suitcase with wheels barely fits through the opening. It is almost as high as an SUV. It was a little too big for New York City traffic and the 4 speed trans really sucked trying to road race a BMW 325 up a California mountian switchback road. It does ok on Texas flat land though. IMO, the 2 door and the Vert are horribly ugly. The 4 door looks much better.

At $30k for a Vert, I would spend the extra money and get a Nissan Z vert. Or a Toyota Avalon.

The Eclipse I don't know anything about.

Reply to
PAuL

Thanks for the input. I think you ment a Solara not Avalon. Altough the Solara is a teriffic car in many respects as a convertible it is just so boring.

Reply to
Double Tap

Don't know anything about the Eclipse, eh? Appears that you don't know anything about an Avalon, either. No convertible Avalon made. And the Nissan Z is a two-seater. But thanks for your knowledgable reply to the request for opinions from "those of you that have one."

Reply to
Rob

You are correct. I meant Solara, not Avalon. And I agree about it being boring. Check out the Mustang vert and Chrysler Sebring, too.

Reply to
PAuL