GM CP Rail Oshawa

Anyone know of what happened with 300 vehicles in GM Oshawa CP Rail yards a few months ago? Some rail cars were not braked and rolled off the end of the track trashing 100's of new trucks? Rumour or fact?

Reply to
Canuck57

Google is your friend This was a while back though

This says nothing about autos on the train, but I guess it is possible

Ed Pawlowski

Yep, that is the one. Did the idiot who forgot the brakes get fired?

Reply to
Canuck57

DUH! Railheads always are equipped with a stop, dummy

Mike Hunter

Trains in full motion are not going to stop for a 1 ton block at the end of the rail.

You didn't do to well in science in school did you? Kinetics, look it up.