GM vs Toyota

Reply to
Travis King

I have purchased many 2 to 3 year old high end cars cadillac, corvette,lincoln,bmw with low milage and never had a bit of trouble with them. You don't have the depreciation a new car has.

Reply to
Awmd95

the only thing GM has done right is initiated HUGE incentives, cheap price moves cars.

Reply to
Derek Clarke

Some idiots will buy anything they see advertised on TV.

Reply to
Rog

What is you point? When I worked as a Sales Manager the most important question the customer asked before signing on the dotted line was, 'How mush is my monthly payment?' Even $20 made a difference in their decision to buy.;)

mike hunt

Derek Clarke wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Is that the reason Toyota spends more per vehicle on advertising than any other manufacture? ;)

mike hunt

Rog wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

"Market Share" is just one statistic. "Profitibility" is the "real" statistic. GM excels in profitibility. They build to suit a market share that can return a profit. If they can't return a profit they usually don't build or discontinue the car quickly .. . only to return with another model in another segment. Market share has little to do with it .. . or GM (whose cars can be excellent to turgid). Toyota is faced with a very different problem. They're competiting in a "closed" market and have to muscle in their market share, profitable or not. They make more excellent models and years than GM has but their cars can be $$. Watch out for the Koreans, GM & Toyota!

"John Horner" wrote in message news:cULyd.8297$rL3.6394@trnddc03...

Reply to
Bill Freeman