how to fix dumb rear-view mirror error?

My rear view mirror came off, and I dutifully

got a glue kit and followed

all the instructions except for one detail --

I put the wrong side of the

clip against the glass. I discovered this

when I tried to hang the mirror

back up. > How do I get the clip back off the glass

without breaking anything? The

glue package does not discuss what to do in

this case.

Reply to
your name

Try a cotton swab soaked in nail polish remover, too bad glue has had time to set. If all else fails, glue another mounting plate to windshield, keep old one in place as a reminder.

" Fixed Fortifications are a tribute to the stupidity of Modern Man " Gen. Patton

Too bad the mirror plate doesn't have markings, as to Top + Bottom and which side glues to glass. I've made a similar mistake, mounted the thing upside down, wound up mounting mirror upside down, and rotating it to put day night lever where it belongs.

Reply to
451CTDS

You'll never get the current one unglued - not in a reasonable amount of time anyways. Buy another metal part and glue it to the first one.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul