Proper Adhesives

I have a 1992 Chevy Lumina and a few of the "Lumina" logos have fallen off of the car. I would like to know what type of adhesive I should use to reinstall the logos to the doors and trunk of the car that will not affect the paint and will hold the items securely. Thank you for any help provided. Joe

Reply to
Comcast Newsgroups

Shep

Years ago, removing those logos was the first thing we did when we bought a car. I'd leave them off. If you insist check with a body shop for what they use.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

3M double sided tape. You can find the auto rated stuff at most body supply shops. I have also seen it at Lowes, The tape you are looking for has a thin black center with a red plastic backing strip.
Reply to
Steve W.

Get a tube of PLASTIC & EMBLEM ADHESIVE 3m part# 8061. You should be able to find this at most auto parts stores and I think walmart, otherwise any autobody jobber store should have it. The double sided tape will work even better, very strong stuff. But can be a little hard to cut around emblems.

Reply to
chrisnrali