Question on Dex-Cool

I purchased the car new in May of 2000. The book says to replace it every 5 years. Should I have it flushed and replaced this fall or next fall ? Thanks in advance for any info. Bill H.

Reply to
BILL

Fall of 2002.

Your 5 year coolant really isn't good for 5 years.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Do it NOW !!! That stuff does all kinds of things inside the engine.

Do a search on the web & get the procedure for doing it right. I never goback with it.

Big lawsuit is pending(class action)

Reply to
GABOY

and be sure not to use the regular antifreeze, swapping like this will cause it to eat up gaskets and hoses and any connections and will eventually cause leaks..

Reply to
twins0203