Radiator level switch

I have to get a new radiator for my daughters Lumina, does the level switch come with it? If not how do you remove the old one?

Reply to
The Adams Family

Doubt it.

There is a wire bail that holds it in.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

You were right the new one didn't have a switch installed in it. I got the old one out O.K., the problem is the part store gave me the wrong radiator.

Now a little bit about AutoZone, the special deal they gave me on a radiator was $234.99. The regular price is $254.99, they didn't have the right one in stock. Lucky for me they didn't, I found one by searching on the internet for $156.00 with free shipping. I will take that almost $80 savings, it looks as though a person ought to be leery of AutoZone's prices.

Reply to
The Adams Family

I put a cheap radiator in my 92 Grand Am once. It lasted 3 years. The last one I had made by a radiator shop for $300+. It is still going after 6 years.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Or of "internet" quality.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

The $234.99 'deal' is the normal everyday price.

I'm wondering why, if you had the time anyway, didn't you 'search' for prices before you made contact with AZ?? Saving $80 is great! Hopefully you will be getting the right unit and it is a new piece, not a recycled one.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt