Rag Joint

I need a rag joint for my 1984 gm 1 ton pickup. The dealer wants quite a bit. Who else might have that part? Places that sell after market parts ETC. don't stock these. I guess I could try a wrecker, but would like to have a choice. Maybe a place that rebuilds power steering boxes. Anyway, I realize I live in a different part of the world than most that frequent this N.G., so you can't send me to Joe's parts down the street. Where might I find this part, "place that rebuilds front ends maybe?........any help would be appreciated

Reply to
bob

I would think that a junk yard would be just that - a choice.

Intuitively, a likely source.

So... where is this "different part of the world"? Not sure what you question really is. You've thought about a place or two that might have rag joints - why not call them?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Vancouver Canada....thanks for your input...I think I will go to the dealer, pay a few bucks more, and save allot of hastle.

I guess my question is "Where can I get this new part for 1/2 the price"

Reply to
bob

What is 'quite a bit'?

There are aftermarket kits that substitute a U-joint type of flex connector for the rag.

Reply to
<HLS

Find a store that carries Motormites Help line of parts. They have them. The local Auto Zone has them on the rack.

Reply to
Steve W.

$165.00 canadian.

Reply to
bob

I have to agree. That is quite a bit. If you can't access the aftermarket options in Canada, can you bring one in from the US?? Or will customs, taxes, etc eat you up?

Reply to
<HLS

Take a look at this link

The Borgeson replacement steering coupling disc is about $13 US.

Reply to
<HLS